[Vtigercrm-developers] How to extend feature such as Global Search without core modifications ?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 08:33:44 GMT 2016

I would think the the "right" way to do this is for the original
developer to create their own repo on gitlab for this particular module
and then invite other developers to fork and issue pull requests.

You can create as many project repositories as you want I believe. I
have them for GeoTools, the Thunderbird plugin, an old hack of the
Customer Portal and a bunch of Language packs. Plus I have a fork of the
vtiger master branch for working on bugs and submitting merge requests
back to them etc...

Getting a new module being supplied as standard into the vtiger Open
Source platform is a different matter altogether. Once it goes into the
vtiger codebase they (vtiger) will have to take ultimate responsibility
for maintenance and on-going development.

That's my opinion anyway ;-)

Al