[Vtigercrm-developers] notices, warnings, deprecations, stricts

Tim Mohrbach preexo at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 1 17:02:36 GMT 2016

As everyone knows, vtiger is throwing notices, warnings, deprecation warnings and strict errors all over the place. I always thought it would improve the overall quality of the project if the code lines which cause this were improved someday. I was a little bored in the last hour (don’t ask) and tackled all of those notices that were thrown only when vtiger is being opened the very first time, for installation. It’s only a couple of changes and they were gone.

@vtiger core developer team: Now I’m wondering if this would actually be of any interest to the vtiger team? Would such changes actually stand any chance of making it into the master?
@vtiger core developer team: Also, I’m wondering which way of securing the lines would be preferred. I used a few different approaches, sometimes declaring a return variable beforehand with default values, sometimes returning a ternary expression, some changes make the code longer, some easier to read, some are obviously dull, but please could you comment which way of securing those code lines you would prefer?
@Everyone else: what do you think about this topic? Interesting, boring, good, stupid?

So if I’m wasting my time here, please let me know then I won’t do this again next time I’m bored, but in case you are interested, let me know some feedback on the way those things should be adjusted.

I commited all changes to make the install start page notice and warning free to this branch: http://code.vtiger.com/preexo/vtigercrm/commit/7f7486074d0fb4549ca9524cf36f65d8e4bd5bab