[Vtigercrm-developers] Input on optizing VT performance?

Stefan Warnat ich at stefanwarnat.de
Wed Aug 3 08:54:43 GMT 2016

Hy,

To HHVM:
*The most important one at first*: Every feature of
Vtiger/PDFMaker/EmailMaker works! I never found one function I cannot use.
And I/we use it in production for a huge client, which would directly
complain about a problem.
Facebook take a look to be more compatibly a little bit. (Not generally all
PHP is compatible, but nothing within vtiger)

Maybe you don't trust my benchmark and I couldn't believe it myself. Maybe
in production environment I had some special MySQL Improvements.

But in production I use mysql replication, which gave a very little
decreased performance.
I have two similar systems with ~200 000 Records in crmentity. (I must say
VtigerCRM 6.2)

1 Testing system - On PHP 5.6:
1 Open the Invoice overview with 30 records and the loading time is ~1.5
sec.

1 Production - On HHVM:
I open the Overview of Invoices with 50 Records and the loading time is
475ms.

An explanation could be, like Alan means, Vtiger heavily works inside
to_html function. HHVM extremely optimize often used functions.
But I never try to figure out, why it is so fast.

Stefan

----
*Freelancer at Webdevelopment*

Web: http://www.stefanwarnat.de