[Vtigercrm-developers] Maximum vtiger contacts?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 07:14:54 GMT 2016

We have a few systems with several million entity records (might be
Contacts or Leads, or a vtlib designed custom entity module) and with
many more than 100 users.

There is one performance tweak I am aware of which I think will be going
into 6.5 which adds a static cache to the to_html() function.

http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/commit/ca51b56d04c0c335e7a7f8a7d25c2da7560e2a2c

We use the slow query log in MySQL (or MariaDB) to identify and then
make judicious use of indexes to improve search performance.

Install something like apc and/or memcached.

If it's still slow, run it on the fastest h/w you can afford and use
SSDs for storage.

But on the whole it seems to work pretty well even with a considerable
number of records. (Although I think 100,000,000 might be a struggle for
this architecture!).

HTH

Al