[Vtigercrm-developers] Product prices with VAT

Vladimir Karažija vladimir at kosacrta.hr
Tue Sep 22 08:59:11 GMT 2015

Hi Alan,

thnx for bug info.. I think this was an issue in 5.4 version also?

regarding PDF Maker.. I think all logic in vtiger is towards wholesale
business model and what I need is retail logic...

retail customers are not interested in VAT amount.. they just want the
retail price, discount and grand total.

on the other hand, IRS (tax authority) wants and needs VAT specification by
VAT percentage (you could have different VAT % in same invoice) and this
needs to be expressed in VAT block

so I need to express numbers for customers (only with VAT) and VAT amounts
for IRS

PDF Maker custom functions does not allow function inside function so I
need to create new variables so I can calculate amounts.

What comes to mind is just to add custom field that will express price with
VAT and base all calculations on that value.

Anyway retailers need to calculate prices with VAT so it is only one field
that needs to be filled more.

Any vtiger user with similar problems?

V.

Vladimir Karažija