[Vtigercrm-developers] marketplace

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 12:29:16 GMT 2015

On 18/09/15 13:13, Simone Travaglini wrote:
> Hi,
> someone would share his experience with marketplace?
> 1. it's a good channel to sell?

We think so, yes.

> 2. how protect software and how you can manage in a compatible way with
> marketplace

We don't really believe in "protected software"... In my opinion, the
people/businesses who buy through the marketplace really do not care if
a module is open or closed - they buy it because it's easy. almost all
of them wouldn't even know where to look nor do they care.

> 3. critical issue (as example I know that email of customers are not
> provided!)

??? Is this a question? It's not _critical_ to me. It would be nice, but
it's not that big a deal.

What I'd really like is just a simple email telling me that one of our
Extension modules has been bought.

The other thing I think should be improved is in the vtiger Extension
Store itself. The admin user should be notified when there is an update
to an installed Extension module.

HTH