[Vtigercrm-developers] Pre Tax total in Invoices not right.

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 09:39:24 GMT 2015

On 04/09/15 10:14, IT-Solutions4You wrote:
> The TAX problem exists many year in 5.x version too so I suppose they
> don't care about (don't understand) TAX.We as Publisher, don't receive
> any Invoice from Markeplace from vtiger company. They don't care about
> accounting ;-). I don't know if this will be fixed.

I agree with most of what you say. We generally tell clients that vtiger
is not suitable for "proper" invoicing/accounting purposes...

To be so, it needs to support things like Invoices becoming immutable
once they are issued to a customer.

It also means you can run a report showing your business income, net of
TAX, which is what *every* company in the world needs to report on... I
just ran a report on one of our test systems showing some invoices. All
of these have taxes as a component of the total. Note how all the
columns: Sub Total, Pre Tax Total and Total are all the same - lol.

This is one of the reasons why we also work with Odoo (OpenERP). It is a
proper accounting platform and does handle taxes.

Alan

PS: We can print nice Invoices with correct pre-tax totals using
PDFMaker though ;-)