[Vtigercrm-developers] about new template manager (Vtiger 6.4)

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 10:50:10 GMT 2015

On 09/11/15 10:24, Prasad wrote:
> v7 falling back on vlayout (6.0) is unlikely a choice with respect UI
> matchup. However, v7
> itself would have fallback UI for custom module view.

When vtiger 6 was introduced there was a much improved separation of
"content" and "style", but there are still areas where this needs to be
improved.

The only way you can get a really useful layout manager, and support for
a fallback, is to ensure that all code and content is totally separate
from the style information.

In short, no assumptions should be made in the template code about the
nature of the content to be displayed, and no assumptions about
style/layout should be made in the view classes.

I do realise that this is not very easy to do, but it should be the goal
IMHO. Without it it is almost impossible to reliably support different
layouts.