[Vtigercrm-developers] Phone Validator

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Fri May 29 07:21:57 GMT 2015

Alan,

Basically field validation is carried on field type, where every field in
Edit/Detail view holds this data in data-fieldinfo attribute.

As you mentioned above the above pointed validation files are not being
used for validation, we will look closer into this and get back with our
observations soon.

Thanks! for the alert.

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 7:36 PM, Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 28/05/15 14:48, Alan Lord wrote:
>
>> However it never seems to be called and one can enter any old rubbish in
>> phone fields. Even if you change the typeofdata in vtiger_field to I~O
>> for example, it makes no difference because vtiger uses the
>> getWebserviceFieldObject() API instead which returns 'phone';
>>

> This use of getWebserviceFieldObject() for most field uitypes is a
> regression in my opinion... Before (in 5.4.0) you could have the same
> uitype for a field but change the typeofdata for specific fields in
> specific modules or positions and this would affect the validation...
>
> I'm now not sure if the typeofdata column has much effect on the field any
> more at all...
>
> Alan

With
Best Regards