[Vtigercrm-developers] Phone Validator

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu May 28 14:06:13 GMT 2015

On 28/05/15 14:48, Alan Lord wrote:
> However it never seems to be called and one can enter any old rubbish in
> phone fields. Even if you change the typeofdata in vtiger_field to I~O
> for example, it makes no difference because vtiger uses the
> getWebserviceFieldObject() API instead which returns 'phone';

This use of getWebserviceFieldObject() for most field uitypes is a
regression in my opinion... Before (in 5.4.0) you could have the same
uitype for a field but change the typeofdata for specific fields in
specific modules or positions and this would affect the validation...

I'm now not sure if the typeofdata column has much effect on the field
any more at all...

Alan