[Vtigercrm-developers] Phone Validator

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri May 29 08:35:10 GMT 2015

On 29/05/15 08:21, Uma S wrote:
> Alan,
>
> Basically field validation is carried on field type, where every field
> in Edit/Detail view holds this data in data-fieldinfo attribute.
>
> As you mentioned above the above pointed validation files are not being
> used for validation, we will look closer into this and get back with our
> observations soon.

Thanks.

Whilst you are looking into this can you also try and unbreak the
Validation engine?

The way you have implemented it makes it, for me at least, impossible to
use the _in-built_ Ajax featurea of the jQuery validationEngine library
you use...

As an example of an Ajax Validation requirement, qne of the things I
want to do is to a global phone lookup to alert users when they are
entering a duplicate phone number. With the recent
vtiger_pbxmanager_phonelookup table the actual effort of searching the
db is easy, but the UI side is really difficult...

Cheers