[Vtigercrm-developers] Google Contacts Sync in vtiger 6.2

Richard Hills - Technologywise richard at tw.co.nz
Wed Mar 4 20:23:09 GMT 2015

Contrary to my email yesterday, the sync from google to the CRM is
actually working fine for me in most cases.

When I change a contact in google to have an organisation which is
non-existent within the CRM, the update is shown under the summary
(Updates in CRM) area, however the change is not made, not only the
change on this account field, but changes on any other fields (I
presume, have only tested with changes to a couple of them).

Steps to recreate:

  * Create contact in CRM
  * Sync
  * Update company name in google to be a company name not represented
    in the crm.
  * Update last name in google.
  * Sync

You should now find that the summary states that your record was updated
inside of the CRM, however you will find that the CRM still has the old
last name. The system now treats these records in sync until the next
edit on either side.

This issue is obviously less of a problem than the sync failing when a
contact has no company assigned, however another point worth documenting
/ expanding upon.

As usual I will work on this myself as I get the chance however would
appreciate feedback from others to confirm that it is not some localised
issue.

Thanks

--
Richard Hills