[Vtigercrm-developers] Campaign Manager and large lists

Stacey Johnson stacey.johnson110 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 03:47:48 GMT 2015

Vtiger is not typical open source. Here is no more sharing code and not
much mutual help. Most of devs here seems to be focused on income (what is
natural anyway) and typical contribution not exists.
Major reason is that vtiger is concentrated on the money and in their
interest is not to get code improved by meaning of contribution in open
source but only sending extensions to Extension Store so they can get part
of your revenue.
For this reason they will not allow vtiger to get to GitHub, so devs will
not be able to create their forks easily and request controversial for
vtiger pullouts. Full control over code guarantee them designing marketing
strategy.
That was discussed few times but Chris issue bring me back to this
tasteless situation.

Morning
Stacey

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 9:26 AM, Hamono, Chris (DPC) <Chris.Hamono at sa.gov.au