[Vtigercrm-developers] Campaign Manager and large lists
Hamono, Chris (DPC)
Chris.Hamono at sa.gov.au
Thu Jun 18 02:26:55 GMT 2015
The campaign module is very seriously broken. It only works for very small lists.
For privacy reasons we are unable to uses services like mailchimp. Therefore we were forced to modify vtiger to make the campaign module work properly.
What we did was…
· Put a limit on the displayed emails, if there are more than say 25 emails to be sent, the following happens
o The compose email screen shows a message stating there are too many emails to show
o All emails are queued to be sent in the background (not when the form is submitted)
· We added a “From Name” so that emails could be sent using an arbitrary display name rather than the user who created the mailout.
· We fixed the mail queue as it was buggy and did not work at all (this means import email notifications do not work)
· We added a limit on the number of emails to be sent per run. For us we chose 250 emails every 15 minutes but any number can be chosen
· Prevented the system from timing out and therefore failing
· Prevented the system from failing if the user closes their browser before the queueing process is complete
· Enhanced performance by halving the huge(HUGE) number of sql calls (much more can/should be done here)
· Other fixes and changes to make the system a little more fool proof.
Most of the issues are actually in the underlying emails module and vtiger core.
With these changes we can now send an arbitrarily large number of emails (tested to 5000)
If anyone is interested please contact me.
P.S. I love vtiger. I am trying not to be too critical but much of it is poorly tested and therefore has many bugs and very rough edges.
From: vtigercrm-developers-bounces at lists.vtigercrm.com [mailto:vtigercrm-developers-bounces at lists.vtigercrm.com] On Behalf Of Richard Hills - Technologywise
Sent: Wednesday, 17 June 2015 8:26 AM
To: vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com
Subject: Re: [Vtigercrm-developers] Campaign Manager and large lists
Just wanted to say that we ended up creating a module to sync campaigns in vtiger to mailchimp lists as we were also not happy with vtiger native mailing for larger lists.
On 15/06/15 20:20, Hamono, Chris (DPC) wrote:
How many emails did you try and load?
I was doing a small test with just a few thousand in the list (4 or 5)
The browser is the latest Firefox. And my machine has 8 gig of ram. So I doubt its a resource issue.
From: Manu urs<mailto:manu.k at vtiger.com>
Sent: Monday, 15 June 2015 5:49 PM
To: vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com<mailto:vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com>
We tested this against the vtiger 6.3.0, It is not reproducible. Can you please add some more information like Browser and its version you are using.
On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 1:16 PM, Stacey Johnson <stacey.johnson110 at gmail.com<mailto:stacey.johnson110 at gmail.com>> wrote:
I dont work and another 4 people I know don't do.
Once somebody used to work with some professional spamming app they will not accept this weird module.
On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 1:50 PM, Hamono, Chris (DPC) <Chris.Hamono at sa.gov.au<mailto:Chris.Hamono at sa.gov.au>> wrote:
When using the campaign manager it tries to load every email address into the browser and format it into the “TO” list
With a large number of users this crashes the browser and takes forever.
What options do we have to work around that? How do others work with large lists?
TechnologyWise Ltd, Tauranga, NZ
richard at tw.co.nz<mailto:richard at tw.co.nz>
ph: +64 (0)7 571 1060
fax: +64 (0)7 571 1061
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the vtigercrm-developers