[Vtigercrm-developers] vtigercrm 6.2EA customer portal - cannot access the server

Melanie m.brummell at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 26 13:39:27 GMT 2015

Hi,

I downloaded and installed the latest 6.2EA release of Vtiger including the
Customer Portal. Vtiger is working great, but 2 days in and I cannot get the
portal to work. I have trawled through the forums, Google etc. for answers
(and it seems there are lots of people experiencing the same issue) so far,
I haven't found a solution that works.

I have followed the instructions in the wiki, tried all variations for the
$PORTAL_URL, $Server_Path and $Authenticate_Path from using the full url, to
localhost, to IP address. All display the portal login page, but all produce
the following error when I use the login credentials that have been emailed:
Cannot access server, please contact Administrator.
I have created a profile in the User Manager area of Vtiger (none admin),
set the user to be a cpanel user with a year of support.

My Vtiger sits in the root of my hosting http://mysite.com/crm
Portal sites at http://www.mysite.com/portal

I am on a VPS with CPanel.

I have ran in SSH:

curl ifconfig.me

also

curl -s checkip.dyndns.org|sed -e 's/.*Current IP Address: //' -e 's/<.*$//'

along with a few others and all return the VPS server IP address (which I
have tried)

Has anyone else had this issue and managed to resolve it?

Kind regards

Mel