[Vtigercrm-developers] new responsive template as community open source project, someone want contribute?

Simone Travaglini simonetravaglini at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 10:06:43 GMT 2015

Hi preexo,
thanks for answer.
I understand your point of view.
We hope we can provide soon a stable template, so everyone could add to his
vtiger without problem. We hope in next relase of vtiger multitemplate will
be allowed.
About Vtiger open source project what you say is true. So my question is,
how community could work to make the situation better? Vtiger the best open
source CRM in my opinion, and have a lot of possiblity to grow. We all hope
that Vtiger team will invest more in open source, but we have also to work
and do our part to enhance the open source platform.
I hope in future your time will find time to collaborate in template.
If anyone of us give a new piece for vtiger open source, and provide free
module, vtiger would be better and better! ;)
I think vtiger team could provide base framework, and comunitty could
develop and share module to enhance product!

> Hey Simone,
>
> I really like the look of your template and we could really use something
> more responsive!
>
> My team and I thought about giving your template a try and contributing
> back
> to it. But then decided against it, for now at least.
> The problem we have is that it is too many different things that need
> contribution now. It becomes a maintenance nightmare the more other
> projects
> we adopt with our vtiger. Oh hang on, it is already a maintenance
> nightmare!
> But if we add more other repositories that need to be considered whenever
> we
> make a change in one of the others or vtiger releases an update, it just
> becomes worse. Two repositories to keep in mind is the nightmare already,
> three would definitely break it all the time.
>
> Currently we are maintaining our own changes and push them back into our
> vtiger installation after every update. If vtiger would actually accept any
> changes or move towards a more modular system which allows changes without
> hacking vtiger all the time, we could start thinking about contributing to
> another repository. If we did that, taking a fork of vtiger, your template
> and our own changes and never look back to vtiger would be wiser, much
> wiser!
>
> Maybe it's because our vtiger adoption was only this year and I'm not used
> to it yet, maybe because I saw other projects before that worked much more
> flawlessly concerning extensions... But currently I start crying about how
> the opensource project vtiger is being treated almost every day! It's one
> of
> the worst examples of open source. The base was so promising, vtiger is at
> the top of all other PHP open source CRMs... But as soon as you start
> changing stuff inside you realize... You are all alone! Fighting for
> yourself! You can leave bits and pieces of code in this mailinglist, you
> can
> find bits and pieces of code in this mailinglist. But real contribution
> seems not to be desired by anyone really. So sad!
>
> Keep fighting Simone, let's hope for a better future and that anyone from
> the owners of the current opensource project actually wakes up one day and
> finally sees all the potential that is being wasted because they don't
> provide the most simplest things.

Simone Travaglini
328 5499846
Linkedin: Simone Travaglini

Rispetta l'ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non ti è veramente
necessario!