[Vtigercrm-developers] cptiger - the new open source customer portal responsive for vtiger

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 10:17:24 GMT 2014

On 23/10/14 11:00, Simone Travaglini wrote:
> Hi Prasad,
> of course what you say it's true. But show project without milestone and
> task for us is completly unusefull. So, for our experience, we decide
> that is better the possiblity to share also milestone and task, also if
> there is the problem you say. The best way can be achieved in next
> version, maybe adding some field in CRM side (like contact to share
> milestone and task) and use it to decide if show or not.
> Do you agree with us?

tl;dr: Contacts needs to have full Profiles basically.

As we have discussed before, the whole Portal access control needs a bit
of a rethink...

we have a heavily customised Portal for one customer where they need the
customer to be able to edit certain fields in one module (It's their
Energy Supply meter information) and also to be able to create new
records related to that module (in this case they need to submit Meter
Readings).

We've had to hack and modify the SOAP/Portal code to support this in
rather a hardcoded way.

If the Portal UI is going to get some love, then the access control at
the vtiger-end also needs attention too ;-)

No one can reasonably expect to understand all the use-cases users will
have for the Portal therefore it needs to become as configurable as
possible.

Cheers