[Vtigercrm-developers] Request for 6.2 (Popup filtering)

Prasad prasad at vtiger.com
Fri Oct 17 12:30:12 GMT 2014

Alan,

The Contact also has the same Picklist to indicate which Market he lives in.

There may be one or more field value of Contact that could determine
shortlisting of Products.

Now the challenge is the make the "Select Products" be aware of the Contact
Record (Context)
it is working with and present different criteria for selection?

We can pass on the Contact ID & Module to Products Popup and let Products
determine
which fields to show or anchor for filtering?

I'm wondering how easy it would be to handle.

The framework currently has addressed a similar problem in the rending the
related-lists.
Where Products RelatedList can control its appearance when working within
Contacts or Vendors
by defining specific target views. May be something similar needs to be
adopted.

Regards,
Prasad

*Connect with us on: *Twitter <http://twitter.com/vtigercrm> *I* Facebook