[Vtigercrm-developers] YetiForce 0.0.2

Sreenivas Kanumuru svk at vtiger.com
Sun Oct 12 17:30:30 GMT 2014

Blazej,

I am following up on Jan's question. We would love to see some of the
Yetiforce modules in Vtiger marketplace. Are you interested in working with
us to get these listed on on Vtiger marketplace? We are working with
developers to make the extensions safe for installation on Vtiger open
source before listing on marketplace. Already, six 3rd party extensions
<http://t.signauxdix.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XZs3MqtYqN1pwYhxQBqNjW653gwx56dTslf8ZypTW02?t=https%3A%2F%2Fmarketplace.vtiger.com%2Fapp%2Flistings&si=5693842808897536&pi=cd1cefe2-b6bd-4175-aa0b-1e7dc3becc17>
have been approved in the first 4 weeks since its release in September
(excluding language packs).

Doug,

About forks, if we did not want people to fork from Vtiger, we would have
chosen a GPL license, not Mozilla license. We don't pretend that Vtiger
will meet the needs of all users. We are happy to see others build on top
of Vtiger.

Coming to the lessons, we do keep learning every day, not just in the past
6 months. With every version we try to make Vtiger more easier to develop
on. Version 6.0, with complete new UI framework, made it easy to create new
layouts, and made it easy to add themes, and made the framework more easier
to work with. Version 6.1, with Extensions store, helps developers
distribute apps easily to client. Obviously, we also released many features
with these versions.

Still, Vtiger will not have all the features out of box. But, we hope to
see the marketplace grow to have many different modules and extensions
serving needs of different users.

Regards,
Sreenivas