[Vtigercrm-developers] sharing realworld test

Zebra Hosting support at zebrahosting.eu
Tue May 20 13:50:00 GMT 2014

Just sharing a little test I did with  secretary who is doing some customer contact and never worked with a CRM.

I asked her to open the mail manager and answer emails like she normally does. (IMAP connected)
First thing she tried was open en email and  looking for ways to move it to a folder (not possible in open mail)
Then closed the mail, tried to drag it over to a folder (drag and drop not supported)
Then saw that she first have to click the checkbox, open a drop down and select a folder.
3 steps and she gave up and went back to her mail client. Doesn’t work when you do hundreds of mails a day.
People get used to modern GUI’s with HTML5, might be time to think about if for the next version.

So yes, it is sometimes good, not to think like a developer but just see normal user working to learn about your GUI…..

Bastiaan Houtkooper
Zebra Hosting