[Vtigercrm-developers] VT6 Migrations

polanskiman lefevre_paul at yahoo.fr
Thu May 8 04:52:32 GMT 2014

I have actually been customising 5.4 for the past month. Initially, when I
tried to migrate like 3 weeks ago to v.6 things went completely wrong.
Probably my fault as I messed up the permissions. Yesterday though I wanted
to give it another try and this time applied the proper permissions. It all
migrated smoothly for the exception of that error I mentioned earlier.

I feel you regarding the interface. I can't say otherwise. It is indeed more
elegant and welcoming although I feel it dramatically lacks icons (perhaps I
got used too much to 5.4). I feel it's more difficult to find common
settings. Also I can't figure out how to visualised the all Comments
(comment module) made on the records. In 5.4 I could access those through
the Menu Bar. In vtiger6 nowhere to be found.

For us, we will only be using the Contact and Organisation modules as an
internal database purely for consultation purposes, so you can see that we
will not be using vtiger to its full potential. Still though only by using
those 2 modules I had to go through some multiple debugging steps (for 5.4)
and vtiger 6 seems to nave even more of them.

Conclusion vtiger 6 is looking good, still feel vtiger 5.4 is more stable
and functional. I am giving myself a few days to continue testing vtiger6.