[Vtigercrm-developers] VT6 Migrations

Joe Bordes joe at tsolucio.com
Thu May 8 07:22:58 GMT 2014

This is exactly why coreBOS was born: stability and leverage the
investment in knowledge and time.

VT6 is a whole new application and it isn't even based on some common,
extended and stable PHP framework, they rolled their own. It needs a lot
of testing as can be seen in the forum and developers list daily. You
may be better off going to zurmo, suitecrm or similar, in the end you
have to spend a whole bunch of time learning a new system but at least
they are tested.

Instead of spending 6-8 months learning and migrating lets spend that
time taking an already stable and proven in many installations piece of
software to the next level without breaking anything... it just makes
business sense.

coreBOS is here to stay, it isn't about long time support (as some of
have asked me) it is about a new path, a new community, a different
future...

Joe
TSolucio

On 08/05/14 06:52, polanskiman wrote:
> I have actually been customising 5.4 for the past month. Initially, when I
> tried to migrate like 3 weeks ago to v.6 things went completely wrong.
> Probably my fault as I messed up the permissions. Yesterday though I wanted
> to give it another try and this time applied the proper permissions. It all
> migrated smoothly for the exception of that error I mentioned earlier.
>
> I feel you regarding the interface. I can't say otherwise. It is indeed more
> elegant and welcoming although I feel it dramatically lacks icons (perhaps I
> got used too much to 5.4). I feel it's more difficult to find common
> settings. Also I can't figure out how to visualised the all Comments
> (comment module) made on the records. In 5.4 I could access those through
> the Menu Bar. In vtiger6 nowhere to be found.
>
> For us, we will only be using the Contact and Organisation modules as an
> internal database purely for consultation purposes, so you can see that we
> will not be using vtiger to its full potential. Still though only by using
> those 2 modules I had to go through some multiple debugging steps (for 5.4)
> and vtiger 6 seems to nave even more of them.
>
> Conclusion vtiger 6 is looking good, still feel vtiger 5.4 is more stable
> and functional. I am giving myself a few days to continue testing vtiger6.

Un saludo
Joe
TSolucio