[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger CRM 5 Long Time Support :: coreBOS

Maik Standtke maikst at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 21:01:08 GMT 2014

Hi All,

it is my first writing here... and maybe my last also :-)
English is not my mother language, so I hope I make not to many mistakes
and will not offend anyone. If so, sorry, it is not my intention.

I'm in IT since a bit more than 30 years and have a lot of different
experiences made in these years.

Since a year I'm on the search for an open source CRM for me and a few
customers.
vtiger was one of the CRM were I was looking a little bit deeper.

vtiger is an interesting system and it has a lot of potential and open
source is the right way to go and to get bigger. But it must be real open
source... I do not have this feeling with vtiger.

It is difficult to find reliable and deep information on ONE place.
Even the source is not really easy to find and it seems also not always on
the last development state.
The installable packages and patches are also not clearly documented. I
found sometimes different source versions with the same version number....
and so on.

However .. after this confusing search and try out I thought it is a good
idea to read the list of the developers to get a feeling how developing is
made and what kind of problems are looking for solutions and how the
communication is...

I'm on this list now for about 6 month and after this post of John Crisp I
must say, I couldn't agree more.

vtiger is and will not be a really good solution until the main development
team is not able to
- make use of all the talented programmers out there who are willing to
work on the source
- implement a good steering mechanism for all contributing developers
- control and implement patches and contributions fast
- release ALWAYS the latest source often and fast ... > that means the
actual source is allways online and in every develepoment state
downloadable. (if it is already so, please tell me where i can find it)

I'm not happy with the actual situation of vtiger and new forks are not
really a solution.. only another diversification and reason for slower
development of the main application.

John wrote TEAM in capitals... that is good and and this will be the
solution.

                                        BUILD A TEAM!

I wish you all luck and thx for reading.

Maik