[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger CRM 5 Long Time Support :: coreBOS

John Crisp john at reetspetit.net
Sat Mar 29 18:50:25 GMT 2014

On 29/03/14 18:04, Pabiszczak, Błażej wrote:
> In my opinion you have done wrong. Why?

He's done nothing wrong. It's Open Source. If you don't like what the
developers are doing, vote with your feet and do your own thing. I think
he has had one straw too many on his back.

> And what would happen if our common system was developed by Team Vtiger
> (Vtiger 6), and companies like yours and my (&others), have joined
> forces (how will work mail module, if we built it together with *VTIGER
> TEAM*)?.
>
> *Together, we are able to offer more! Together with Vtiger Team! Many
> companies do not understand how many loses does not work together!*

Unfortunately the vTiger devs are nice people but don't understand
'team' or just don't want to listen. If you are really honest, they have
never really 'worked' with the community have they ? Lots of empty
promises, but little action. But no one wants to admit that to
themselves because if you don't like that, the only options are to
either fork, or walk away completely.

Yes, the developers are entitled to do what they want, but whilst they
ignore people they lose too much. I've always said vTiger is great, but
could be so much greater, if only the vTiger team really worked properly
with their community.

Joe is just another excellent developer who has been ignored by the
leaders of this project. Adam Heinz was another on a long list.

How many times have we seen great work here that has never been included
? How many outstanding bugs are there on the trac ?

Unless the developers wake up and start letting contributors
'CONTRIBUTE' properly, accept patches etc, they will continue to lose
people.

However, I believe they have their own agenda, are comfortable and
making money with their own clients, and aren't really that bothered
about the rest of the world. The fact that devs here have clients of
their own who they need to satisfy is of no real concern to them. The
people here are good 'testers' but nothing more. It's a one way street,
always has, and always will be.

I wish Joe well in his endeavours, and if I ever get round to him
upgrading me again, it will be with him and not here, sad to say.

B. Rgds
John