[Vtigercrm-developers] Installation Problem in Version 6.0

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 10:05:14 GMT 2014

On 19/03/14 09:57, Sreenivas Kanumuru wrote:
> We discussed this further, and felt that changing the version to 6.0.1
> might require lot of book keeping work (with svn tagging, extensions
> should be marked to work with 6.0.1, .etc). For security patches that do
> not change functionality, we decided to leave the primary version as
> 6.0.0, and add a suffix. So, it would be 6.0.0 (1) or 6.0.0 (2). This
> version will be shown in the footer, when you install fresh from the
> EXE, or if you install the Security patch directly on an existing 6.0.0
> install. Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Hi Sreenivas, that sounds fine to me.

As far as I am concerned, as long as there is some way of knowing that
the code isn't the same as the "other tarball" that is called 6.0.0 then
it doesn't really matter how you indicate that.

As long as the suffix is __also__ indicated in the tarball name, e.g.
"vtigercrm-6.0.0-1.tar.gz" then I'm fine with this.

Cheers