[Vtigercrm-developers] Installation Problem in Version 6.0

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Wed Mar 19 08:03:00 GMT 2014

Hi Alan,

I am sorry for not clarifying my point (recently updated). Every-time we
release security-patch, we use to repackage source will all security
patches without having the need to reapply them.

I do not know if that is all that is different...
Applying security-patch on your existing source is all that works. Their is
no difference with link i had mentioned above and your source.

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 1:14 PM, Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19/03/14 07:03, Uma S wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried the installation of source which picked from here
>> <https://www.vtiger.com/open-source-downloads/>. Please pick source from
>>
>> here as this is recently updated (2 days before).
>>

> Err - so this is not version 6.0.0. then?
>
> What is the difference between the tarball dated 2014-03-17 and earlier
> tarballs also called vtigercrm6.0.0.tar.gz?
>
> This is not good practice.
>
> If you change the code at *all*, you should really give it a different
> version number, e.g. 6.0.1, 6.0.2 etc.
>
> Thanks and please let us know what has changed. I just installed a new
> system yesterday but used the tarball I downloaded sometime ago. I did
> install the 2 security "patches" on top but now I do not know if that is
> all that is different...
>
> Cheers
>
> Al

With