[Vtigercrm-developers] Installation Problem in Version 6.0

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 08:23:00 GMT 2014

On 19/03/14 08:03, Uma S wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> I am sorry for not clarifying my point (recently updated). Every-time we
> release security-patch, we use to repackage source will all security
> patches without having the need to reapply them.

Thanks for the quick reply Uma,

Rolling security patches into the relase is fine (and laudible in many
ways), but what it means is there are now multiple versions of
vtiger-6.0.0 with no easy way of knowing which is which.

I'm sure plenty of people like me will download a tarball of the source
once and re-use that time and time again.

If you change the code in a package you should really change the version
number...

Just saying.