[Vtigercrm-developers] VT6 vtlib -> calendar

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Tue Mar 18 11:01:45 GMT 2014

Hi,

with VT6 can we integrate the Calendar with our vtlib created modules
simply?

we can relate custom module to Calendar by following
this<https://community.vtiger.com/help/vtigercrm/developers/vtlib/module-related-list.html>.
but we need to do following changes.

   1. To see custom module in calendar, for setting up relation between
   modules. Their should be an entry in vtiger_ws_referencetype table.
   2. Generally setRelatedList will generate query to get related-list
   entries by using api get_related_list() in core file.
   3. But to get calendar related for custom module. We need to change this
   api, because calendar to custom module relation is stored
   in vtiger_seactivityrel table

Regards
Uma S

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 2:50 AM, Max Clarke <max at smarte.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> The best I've been able to do is a UIType 10 field in my module that links
> to the Calendar. Selecting or creating a new calendar item from this field
> doesn't link both ways - just the custom module -> calendar item direction.
> So to get it linking both ways you have to modify core code or get a little
> tricky with Javascript/JQuery linked to your custom module's Edit tpl
> file... I chose the latter ;)
>
> In my case, the parent module of my custom module is contacts. So I used a
> bit of JQuery and a template variable from Edit.php to get the Contact that
> my custom record belongs to into the Quick Create link. Yes, the little +
> on the UIType 10 fields literally triggers a javascript click on the
> appropriate quick create link under the big quick create + in the top right
> of the page, and then handles the return from the quick create to put the
> right info into the field.
>
> Fortunately, my users will only be creating new calendar items from this
> custom module - they don't need to link to existing ones. I haven't looked
> into that at all so I won't be able to help in that respect.
>
> Max
>

> On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 1:30 AM, Alan Lord (News) <alanslists at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> with VT6 can we integrate the Calendar with our vtlib created modules
>> simply? Unlike with 5.4.0 where so much of the calendar was hard coded it
>> made it largely impractical.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Al
>>
>> --