[Vtigercrm-developers] VT6 vtlib -> calendar

Max Clarke max at smarte.com.au
Mon Mar 17 21:20:09 GMT 2014

Hi Alan,

The best I've been able to do is a UIType 10 field in my module that links
to the Calendar. Selecting or creating a new calendar item from this field
doesn't link both ways - just the custom module -> calendar item direction.
So to get it linking both ways you have to modify core code or get a little
tricky with Javascript/JQuery linked to your custom module's Edit tpl
file... I chose the latter ;)

In my case, the parent module of my custom module is contacts. So I used a
bit of JQuery and a template variable from Edit.php to get the Contact that
my custom record belongs to into the Quick Create link. Yes, the little +
on the UIType 10 fields literally triggers a javascript click on the
appropriate quick create link under the big quick create + in the top right
of the page, and then handles the return from the quick create to put the
right info into the field.

Fortunately, my users will only be creating new calendar items from this
custom module - they don't need to link to existing ones. I haven't looked
into that at all so I won't be able to help in that respect.

Max