[Vtigercrm-developers] Questions on Importing Invoice, Quotes, Salesorder

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 08:14:16 GMT 2014

On 20/06/14 08:28, mat wrote:

> Just to confirm/go further :
> - is it  actually supported to handle duplicate records for those
> modules ?
> - if not, is it a planned feature or even already assigned ?
> - can I help in implementing it (somebody interested on the list) ?

If you have a reasonable amount of data to export/import and it were me,
I'd use a tool like Talend Open Studio [1] and build some ETL routines
externally to vtiger to cleanse and transform the data before importing.

We now do this quite a bit for customers and use the server API to write
records into the database rather than the user-import feature.

User import is fine for "simple" imports but when you need to manipulate
de-dupe, cleanse etc... you could never have all the filters and
conversions you need in the vtiger import feature.

HTH

[1] http://www.talend.com/products/talend-open-studio