[Vtigercrm-developers] Correct timezone settings

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 06:44:48 GMT 2014

On 16/06/14 00:20, Bernard Bailey wrote:

> I believe the standard is we should have the server running at UTC and only the
> users should be on their timezone?
> If so does this mean the @@system_time_zone should return UTC and not NZST?

Most of our servers are configured run GMT which is UTC in the winter
and UTC+1 (BST) in the summer - this way the server logs etc. all report
the correct time for us here in the UK.

I'm not sure if we are doing it right but have not noticed any problems
before so the way we do it is we configure the setting in the
config.inc.php to match that of the server vtiger is running on, e.g.
"Europe/London", and then users set whatever is their own local time in
their preferences.

HTH