[Vtigercrm-developers] Record-Level Profile Attributes?

Richard Hills richard at tw.co.nz
Mon Jun 9 21:42:41 GMT 2014

Hi Alan

I have done this on a 5.4 installation in the past. We did this through
a core code change (hack) and I would agree with you that if your client
is willing to accept javascript as a solution then this would be a
better route.

Basically we implemented this just for a couple of fields (which were
described within a custom configuration file and could not be adjusted
by users) and allowed editing of these fields only by users in an
administrator profile, we did look at implementing the ability for the
fields original editor to update the field however decided against this
as we would need a new table for tracking the fields original propagator.

If you're looking at doing this for v6 and explore the possibilities of
overriding classes in order to achieve this I would love to hear about
your findings as I would ideally like to see something like this in the
core.

--
Richard Hills
TechnologyWise Ltd, Tauranga, NZ