[Vtigercrm-developers] Sales order refunds (discussion)

John Crisp john at reetspetit.net
Mon Jul 7 10:13:08 GMT 2014

On 06/07/14 13:16, Zebra Hosting wrote:
> We have a lot of case where people will ask for a refund (the European
> law demands a 14 day option to returning goods bought online) but this
> is not in the current sales order system.
> The sales order status should get a ‘refunded’ option , not a big issue,
> but it should make it possible to create an order and invoice with
> *negative* numbers too. Something that seems to be lacking at the moment.
> Preferable of course it should have an option to copy the original order
> with negative numbers or set the original to refunded and create a
> ‘credit’ invoice with the negative numbers.
> Please share thoughts what could be a good approach to deal with
> refunds. We also need to couple it to our payment provider module and I
> am sure we won’t be the only ones.

In 5.4 this was in inventory.js around line 340

!numValidate
!numConstComp

Think this refers :
https://discussions.vtiger.com/uploads/FileUpload/98/f6f165cbe11fa56136a21e79101da2.jpg

Don't know about 6. From the forums I saw this :

https://discussions.vtiger.com/index.php?p=/discussion/171097

Not sure that is a sensible 'hack' though.

IMHO there should be proper facilities for PO Credit and Invoice Credit.
You wouldn't need to go messing about with negative numbers then.

If a Invoice Credit note is generated it should also set the SO to
refunded (or 'Credited')