[Vtigercrm-developers] Store files for customers at a central point

masood ma at gtt-technologies.de
Mon Dec 22 14:26:55 GMT 2014

It should be possible to store data files for customers at a central point,
so that these customers can download them from there, right? If there is an
(software) update for certain customers, then all the customers which have
the right to get this update, should be able to download it via the customer
portal.

If I get this right, at the moment there is a 1: to 1: connection. Each
document is stored for a certain customer and then
this certain customer can download it via his customer portal.

What if I don't want to upload this file (which would be the same for each
customer) for each customer individually? Imagine
this for hundreds of customers... Each one of them should have access to the
same file, but you have to upload this file for
each single customer individually. Isn't there a possibility to store this
file at a central point in vtiger and then only the customers which are
allowed to have an update can get (via their customer portal) access to this
file?
At least, we already managed to build a filter which gives us all the
customers of which their licence is ending for example at the end of the
month.

So the thing is, that we store a file -at a central point- and that all
customers which are allowed to have the update can get
access to it via their customer portal still isn't working...

Does anyone have an idea how to deal with that? Any help would be much
appreciated!