[Vtigercrm-developers] VT6 RC

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 15:58:13 UTC 2013

On 13/09/13 15:43, John Crisp wrote:

> It is therefore perfectly possible IMHO, and as been for years.

What I think the original vtiger devs might have misunderstood is that
there is *no* relationship between IMAP servers and SMTP whatsoever.

As far as an IMAP server is concerned it is just a collection of
folders. You can chuck stuff in any of them as and when you feel like.
It's designed to keep sync'd with clients and severs...

> The current system is awful. This would be a GREAT change.

Yes. (I've been discussing this on & off for 4 years now...)