[Vtigercrm-developers] Adding field to Products module...

Joe Bordes joe at tsolucio.com
Mon Nov 25 12:32:22 GMT 2013

Yes, I have seen that happen before. It is due to the special treatment
of the taxes fields.

Truth is that I don't remember how I fixed it in the past. Have you
tried moving the field right after the price?  Oviously you can always
put the two field on another block and leave that one for taxes or
modify the code....

On 25/11/13 13:04, Alan Lord wrote:
> This is odd.
>
> One customer wants to add a "Cost Price" field to the Product module's
> Pricing Information block so we can write a simple workflow that will
> calculate sale price (Unit Price) based on Cost Price * Commission Rate.
>
> I started by using vtlib and adding a type 72 field. But this broke
> the Products module totally: causing the function
> getInventoryCurrencyInfo() to be incorrectly called when trying to go
> into DetailView. getInventoryCurrencyInfo() should only be called by
> Quotes, Sales Orders, Invoices or Purchase Orders
>
> So I then changed it from a 72 to a 71 type field... DetailView was OK
> but the layout of the fields in the Pricing Information is broken -
> see screenshot. I suspect that is is due to the Tax field but can't be
> sure.
>
> I tried creating a currency field through the Module Manager Layout
> Editor too, but the layout is still broken.
>
> Can anyone else confirm this layout problem?
>
> Cheers
>
> Al

Un saludo
Joe