[Vtigercrm-developers] Adding field to Products module...

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 12:04:43 GMT 2013

This is odd.

One customer wants to add a "Cost Price" field to the Product module's
Pricing Information block so we can write a simple workflow that will
calculate sale price (Unit Price) based on Cost Price * Commission Rate.

I started by using vtlib and adding a type 72 field. But this broke the
Products module totally: causing the function getInventoryCurrencyInfo()
to be incorrectly called when trying to go into DetailView.
getInventoryCurrencyInfo() should only be called by Quotes, Sales
Orders, Invoices or Purchase Orders

So I then changed it from a 72 to a 71 type field... DetailView was OK
but the layout of the fields in the Pricing Information is broken - see
screenshot. I suspect that is is due to the Tax field but can't be sure.

I tried creating a currency field through the Module Manager Layout
Editor too, but the layout is still broken.

Can anyone else confirm this layout problem?

Cheers