[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger 6

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 11:13:52 GMT 2013

On 08/11/13 09:09, Adrián Granado - Refineria Web wrote:
> This is an acceptable opinion but I think your statement is incorrect. You
> can not say: "it will be released when
> we deem it to be ready." At least if you pretend to be serious. Did you ever
> seen a big company saying this? I didn’t.

1. Big Companies almost *always* miss their stated release schedules.
2. vtiger is not a "big company"
3. vtiger CRM is Free software

> Meet the project deadlines is a general demand of every company. I can
> understand lot of people is putting some much pressure in the release but
> you are in the other extreme opposite side.

I have never seen a formal project plan with definitive delivery dates
for VT6, have you?

> The companies should accomplish the project deadlines. I'm sorry, but this
> is the TRUTH. If don’t, the product loses value and credit even if it's the
> best product ever made.

The point I am making is people seem to have read things into comments
about a "likely" release date as though they are gospel and carved in stone.

We work on the very simple principle: If it isn't released yet, it isn't
released.