[Vtigercrm-developers] UIType 16 Picklists (again)...

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Tue May 14 15:58:25 UTC 2013

Recall the discussion a while ago about improving performance by
switching to non-role based picklists (UIType 16)?

We did this change and noticed some major performance improvements but
there were some (minor) issues with the way the picklists were being
handled in the Picklist editor.

To convert a picklist from 15 to 16 (apart from changing the UIType in
vtiger_field of course) you have to add a new column to the cf_xxx table
"sortorderid" *and* drop the column "picklist_valueid" or else the
Picklist editor wont work at all.

But now I've just come up against a problem and wonder if anyone can
advise...

I can't open the Workflow editor for a vtlib module where we have
converted a picklist from UItype 15 to 16 because of a missing column in
the vtiger_cf_xxx table...

> Tue May 14 16:41:31 2013,257 [10680] INFO VT - PearDatabase ->ADODB error  Query Failed:select cf_830 from vtiger_cf_830 inner join vtiger_role2picklist on vtiger_role2picklist.picklistvalueid = vtiger_cf_830.picklist_valueid where roleid=? and picklistid in (select picklistid from vtiger_picklist) order by sortid::->[1054]Unknown column 'vtiger_cf_830.picklist_valueid' in 'on clause'

Is there a way one can reliably use type 16 picklists?

Cheers