[Vtigercrm-developers] UIType 16 Picklists (again)...

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 14:46:00 UTC 2013

So,

we altered our customer's database and switch a bunch of picklists from
type 15 to 16.

Performance was improved dramatically :-)

However, if a user is not admin then the picklist values don't get
displayed in ListView  - You get the "Not Accessible" line in red.

Looking for the problem I came to line 301 in
include/ListView/ListViewController.php...

}elseif ($field->getFieldDataType() == 'picklist') {
... Go and do loads of role checking unless you are admin...

changing that test to

}elseif ($field->getFieldDataType() == 'picklist' && $field->getUIType()
== 15) {

Seems to do the trick.

So does this mean that UIType 16 picklists were not supposed to be
displayed in List Views?

Cheers