[Vtigercrm-developers] "Previously Assigned To"

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 15:45:55 UTC 2013

Anyone ever needed to extend the permissions system so that the previous
owner of a record could still view, but not edit, it after it had been
re-assigned?

I'm looking at a use-case where external partners will create Leads on
vtiger, then the internal company will subsequently take over the
processing of those leads. The External partner should still be able to
monitor what happens to them over time and see statistical/reports on
them etc., but have no further editing role.

Multiple external partners, multiple internal users. Of course, the
external partners should not have visibility of each others' leads...

I can't figure out a way to this with the current permission system
unless I end up with a three tier role scenario and x3(squared) Custom
Sharing rules...