[Vtigercrm-developers] "form builder" for vtiger

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 15:14:35 UTC 2013

On 18/06/13 15:50, Adam Heinz wrote:
> I've done some rudimentary design on building a phone script/wizard over
> top of a quick create.  When I get around to prototyping it, it'll
> probably manifest as chat bubbles floating next to text entry fields.
>   The javascript brain of the thing will determine which chat bubble to
> show next based on the current state of the form.  In some ways, it kind
> of operates like the jQuery validation plugin; it keeps prompting you to
> modify the form until it's satisfied.  Instead of notifying you of all
> "broken rules" at once, it will show them to you one at a time in a
> specified order.

Hmmm, that sounds quite interesting Adam.

I was originally thinking of the way that it's done in OpenERP in their
"Survey" module but just looking at it again that's rather a rudimentary
approach :-(

I'm a big fan of a Joomla! extension called Fabrik[1]. It's really an
application builder that let's you do some very cool things. But I'm not
sure that a vtiger extension would need to be so comprehensive and I
really want the form to be "in vtiger" - a bit like the way the
ModComments comments block gets displayed in Detail view I guess...

Cheers

Al

[1] http://fabrikar.com/