[Vtigercrm-developers] Bugs etc - Was password vs accessKey

Nicolas GASNIER nicolas.gasnier at holdisgroup.fr
Fri Apr 19 06:48:27 UTC 2013

Hi,

I can only agree with you guys. You said loudly what I'm silently thinking. I'm working with VTiger as a developer / integrator since about 2 years now, and the first time I try to involve in open source. And I really feel there is a big gap between the community and VTiger. I can't say devs from VTiger won't do anything, because I have been kindly helped one time with a plugin problem. But there still lacks something in general.

As already said, the true problem is in the bug tracker. I have posted some bugs and patches for the 5.4 release, I felt like answering to myself. No feedback at all, for me it's like posting a patch to /dev/null.

If my company had not pushed to use VTiger, I would have gave up. This is really frustrating as there is a lot of things I made to improve our own fork of VTiger that may be of interest for others, but I prefer not wasting my time to try posting things for nothing. I wonder how many people feel that way.

I know Vtiger devs work hard for version 6 (for which I don't have the time to involve for now), but this is not a reason to abandon the 5.4 trunk now (or at least give me that impression).

This is no free criticism, and not just to add oil on the fire. If everyone stay shut, things won't change. And I really hope things will change.

So please VTiger, don't ignore what people say. Check bugs and patches and give feedback. Be more open on your development process, share ideas and why not consult here for some choices. In one word or one hundred, just work with us guys ! The community has so much to give it to you in return. Isn't it what this mailing list is for ?

Dear regards

Nicolas GASNIER
Développeur
HOLDIS AGRIDIS