[Vtigercrm-developers] [VTiger 6] Question about: Activity Types widget in module Calendar

Vikas Jain vikas at vtiger.com
Thu Apr 11 13:14:46 UTC 2013

Rietz,

I completely agree with you on this, i take the responsibility for this
mistake. Initially this was more of a
prototype that was planned to enhance further to allow addition of more
date fields from other modules,
but it just got slipped from my list. Thank you for bringing this to notice.

This is the below plan that will make it more flexible for anyone to add
more Calendar View Types :

   1. Add a new Link type for Calendar called "CALENDARVIEWTYPE".
   2. In the URL pass the name of the module and date fields on which the
   Calendar should show the entry.
   eg :
   index.php?module=Calendar&action=Feed&sourceModule={moduleName}&fields=[field1,(optional
   field2)]
   3. On the server end it would process and return the records for
   {moduleName} between field1 and field2.

Let us know if this would be flexible enough for anyone to use.

On 4 April 2013 13:12, Rietz, Artur <a.rietz at opensaas.pl> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've seen new widget in VT6 Calendar, called" Activity Types, I was kinda
> interested in using it but suprisingly it is not flexible widget :/
> Why while you have been planning this widget, and realising it from the
> beggining you didnt assume that someone might want to add new field, or new
> module, or another module or another field to this particular widget ? Why
> you do not use any table, any array, maybe new uitype anything configurable
> to choose what fields/modules should be visible there ? Was it so hard to
> realise that it might be useful ?
>
> Instead of this we can see something like:
>
> vtiger6/layouts/vlayout/modules/Calendar/CalendarViewTypes.tpl
> part of source code:
>
>> <label class="checkbox">
>> <input type="checkbox" data-calendar-sourcekey="ProjectTask"
>> data-calendar-feed="ProjectTask" data-calendar-feed-css="fc-event-style8">
>> 'ProjectTask')}</span>
>>  </label>
>>

>  <label class="checkbox">
>
>  <input type="checkbox" data-calendar-sourcekey="Contacts_Birthday"
>> data-calendar-feed="Contacts" data-calendar-feed-css="fc-event-style6"
>> data-custom-data='{ldelim}"fieldname":"birthday"{rdelim}' />

>> fc-event-style6">{vtranslate('LBL_CONTACTS_BIRTH_DAY', $MODULE)}</span>
>
>  </label>
>

> Don't you think that for now this wigdet is not fully working for the
> developers ?
>
> Regards, Rietz Artur

Regards
Vikas