[Vtigercrm-developers] [VTiger 6] Question about: Activity Types widget in module Calendar

Rietz, Artur a.rietz at opensaas.pl
Fri Apr 12 07:00:48 UTC 2013

In our opinion it shouldnt be in fact "link type", why?

1) Imagine following situation: customer run calendar, he wanted us to
improve system for him, but if he see such a simple element like activity
types, he probably would ask us "hm, sir how can I add here different
fields ? " - with your solution answer is "we have to midify it
programatically for you". - it is wrong ;) simple changes should be
configurable from settings panel for module.

2) Links are not prepared for adding single elements to particular widget.
They are created for adding widgets, button, or in vt 5.4 special actions.
This is widget at the moment, so we couldnt modify it`s content through
vtiger_link table.

So we suggest to create setting panel, where admin can set up, what modules
with what fields would be displayed :)

Regards, Rietz Artur