[Vtigercrm-developers] Bugs etc - Was password vs accessKey

Sreenivas Kanumuru svk at vtiger.com
Wed Apr 10 05:33:52 UTC 2013

John,

It is true that now most of our efforts are focused on Vtiger 6. We
realized that we can only take Vtiger 5 code base so far. We have been
releasing updates on Vtiger 5 for over 7 years. Forget about open source, IE6
Countdown <http://www.ie6countdown.com/> shows that even even proprietary
apps from well funded companies are end of life'd at some point. We still
are offering critical patches Vtiger 5 users  - just last week we released the
security and performance patch <https://www.vtiger.com/blogs/?p=1467> for
Vtiger 5.4.

*As I said, vTiger is great, and I love it. It could be so much greater....*

We are not satisfied with whats there today in Viger CRM. There is so much
more that can be done to deliver a great CRM. Vtiger 6 is a step towards
that. One of the key objectives of Vtiger 6 is to improve developer
experience <https://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/Vtiger_6_Developer_Guide>.
The other is to improve the User experience. These are the 2 key objectives
of Vtiger 6.

Vtiger 6 will come with built in Upgrade tool to ensure smooth migration
for Vtiger 5 users.  As Prasad noted, we are promptly responding to issues
reported on Vtiger 6 code
base<http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/report/37>
.

Regards,