[Vtigercrm-developers] Right uitype/displaytype for field formula?

Adam Heinz amh at metricwise.net
Tue Apr 9 20:57:04 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Alan Lord (News) <alanslists at gmail.com>wrote:

> But it doesn't seem to have any effect when logged in as admin
> unfortunately (I set the fields readonly = 1 for *all* profiles.
>
> Also, of course, it won't persist should the customer add a new profile.

Grepping the codebase for "insert into vtiger_profile2field", it comes back
with few enough hits that I think you could cover all the bases.  I
submitted some code [3] towards this end already, but there's still more
work to be done.  Basically, I think that we should be doing something more
like

INSERT INTO vtiger_profile2field
SELECT ?, tabid, fieldid, visible, readonly
FROM vtiger_def_org_field

and of course wiring all the top level code in
modules/Users/SaveProfile.php to use vtlib objects.

[3] http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/7667