[Vtigercrm-developers] Right uitype/displaytype for field formula?

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 20:19:14 UTC 2013

On 09/04/13 15:19, Adam Heinz wrote:
> Sorry for my poor reading comprehension on displaytype.
>
> Instead of using vtiger_field.uitype to make things readonly, why not
> set vtiger_profile2field.readonly?

That's a nice quick way of setting the field readonly, thanks!

But it doesn't seem to have any effect when logged in as admin
unfortunately (I set the fields readonly = 1 for *all* profiles.

Also, of course, it won't persist should the customer add a new profile.

I am amazed this seems so bloody awkward. It seems an obvious thing to
want to do to me - have an auto-updated field in a workflow that is
obviously readonly...

If I make the workflow trigger on every save it won't really matter what
a user enters in those fields as they will get modified anyway but I can
imagine that being being a cause of great frustration for some customers ;-)

Cheers

Libertus Solutions
http://www.libertus.co.uk