[Vtigercrm-developers] [Vtiger-developers] Developing custom modules in VT6

Prasad prasad at vtiger.com
Fri Nov 2 10:51:02 PDT 2012

Rietz,

Vtiger 6 directory at root folder was introduced to get the new UI
implemented with least disruption over UI5.
Due to this model we were able to achieve embedding some of the incomplete
pieces (Settings of UI5) into new UI as you notice in the early access code.

We plan to retain the structure of code inside Vtiger 6 and move the UI5
core module files and utilities that is driving the server-side API into
appropriate folders.

In Vtiger6, we have aimed at providing fallback implementation for module
views (and actions), this makes module development easier and
enables flexibility when required. For now, if you get your module working
with UI5, it should work on with UI6 without need of implementing module
specific files. You would do so only to customize the views or actions. We
will cover the examples after we enable ModuleManager capabilities.

Regards,
Prasad
Vtiger Team