[Vtigercrm-developers] Function Overriding?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 05:26:10 PDT 2012

Is there a "proper" way to override a core vtiger function?

Example: I have some custom fields added to a Quote & Invoice that I
would like to carry over to the Invoice.

It is fairly straightforward to edit and modify the
getConvertQuoteToInvoice() function in include/utils/EditViewUtils.php
but clearly this isn't the best way to maintain compatibility through
upgrades etc...

What do others do in this kind of situation?

Cheers